Scientific Pest and Vegetation Management say now is the ideal time for landholders to control the dangerous spread of African Boxthorn on the Darling Downs. With mild weather and plants thriving spring provides ideal conditions for effective use of herbicide.
However, spring also provides ideal growing conditions for Boxthorn across the Darling Downs which adds to the importance of stopping the dangerous spread. African Boxthorn can take over your paddock and make it extremely hard for anything to move through.
The Biosecurity Act requires landholders to control African Boxthorn on their land, so do not leave it any longer.
SPVM’s success in controlling pest weeds in pastures and bushland areas is accredited to:
- Ten years’ industry experience.
- 4WD vehicles equipped with motorised retractable hose reel sprayers.
- A Weed Report system that records all herbicide mixture deployed on your land and reports this to you in real time on a base map. This map can be on your computer at completion of spraying every day. If areas have been missed we will retreat at no extra cost to you.
SPVM also offers:
- Free quotes over the phone.
- Control of many other pest plants by foliar spraying, boom application, basal bark spraying, stem injection and slashing.
Contact John Barker on 0420 105 115 or jbarker @ scientificpest.com.auTags: african boxthorn, boxthorn, weeds