SPVM is an Australian owned and operated national pest management company.
SPVM provides guidance and solutions on preventative measures to help you eradicate annoying pests with effective, family friendly and safe pest control methods. Our treatment methods will safely and efficiently rid your home of termites, cockroaches, spiders, white ants, mites, fleas, silverfish, birds, mice, rats and other household pests.
Pre-Purchase Inspections and Timber Pest Inspections;
SPVM provide Timber Pest Inspections and Pre-Purchase Inspections to structures in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.3-2010 and provide a detailed written report with recommendations.
A Pre-Purchase Inspection occurs prior to you committing unconditionally to buy a property. It is an inspection of all timbers in the structure (usually a home) and outside the structure within the boundaries of the property. The PPI will result in a report that will tell you;
- whether there are any pests such as termites or borer present in the timbers;
- whether there is any damage caused to timbers by pests;
- how severe the damage is;
- whether timbers are susceptible to damage from this time onwards;
- recommendations about what you can do to reduce the chance of damage to timbers in future;
- recommendations about what to do about existing damage such as obtaining a Building Inspection from a qualified builder;
A Timber Pest Inspection occur on a regular basis, often every 12 months or more regularly, to structures that you already own and follows the same process as for a Pre-Purchase Inspection detailed above.
Termite Treatments and Termite Protection:
There are several types of treatment that can be applied to timbers that are infested with termites and several types of systems that can be installed to help reduce the chance of your property being attacked by termites. The choice of treatment or preventative system we would recommend is dependent on many factors associated with your property such as;
- how it has been built;
- the type of material it has been built from;
- the surrounding terrain;
- landscaping at your property;
- local climate;
- the type of soil;
- the species of termites present;
- your budget;
- other factors.
Because there are so many factors, we make our recommendations only after completing a thorough inspection of your property. Our recommendations are contained in a detailed written report which we discuss in detail with you. SPVM are not restricted in any way with the systems we can use. We are not an agent for a particular brand or type of system and, so, all options are available to you.
Pre-Construction Termite Barriers:
SPVM is an accredited installer of pre-construction termite barrier systems.